When rockets are in the air, we need to protect
Israel’s most precious resource underground.
The Campaign for Israel’s New National Blood Services Center
Our goal is to build the safest underground national blood supply facility in Israel’s history — for Israel’s future. By joining us for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you’ll make a difference in the lives of millions, becoming the sustaining force — the very lifeblood — of Israel.
Please help us make it a reality. Contact your local office to learn how you can join the campaign for Israel’s new blood center.
Today, Israel’s blood supply is facing a precarious situation:
- The current center is vulnerable to Hamas’ and Hezbollah’s increasingly sophisticated rockets, which can now reach virtually any part of Israel.
- The underground bomb shelter in the current facility isn’t large enough for employees and equipment to work in a protected environment during times of conflict.
- The center is vulnerable in the event of a chemical attack and was built prior to today’s earthquake protocols.
- Israel’s population has nearly doubled since the current blood center was built in the 1980s, requiring more blood units and straining the capacity of the facility.
- There isn’t room to expand, precluding MDA from upgrading the current facility to meet current and future blood needs.
- There’s limited access and parking for bloodmobiles and other large vehicles that deliver blood and other critical resources from the field.
- There’s inadequate blood storage for larger blood-supply requirements.
A secure blood supply. Pulse of a people, lifeblood of a nation.
The new blood center, estimated to cost $100 million, must be built now to ensure the safety and security of the nation’s blood supply.
- Key blood processing and storage areas will be reinforced and located underground to protect the blood supply in the event of rocket attacks.
- It will meet the latest standards for protection against earthquake-related damage and chemical warfare.
- The new blood center will be located in Ramla, in central Israel, for easy highway access to all the nation’s hospitals.
- It will be large enough to meet today’s blood demands, and tomorrow’s.
Contact your local office to learn how you can join the campaign for Israel’s new blood center.